Summer Road Trip Series: Portland, OR & Seattle, WA


It's been a long time coming, y'all!  I set out for Portland with my family almost 3 weeks ago. I'll tell you what we did, then I'll post the pics so you can get into those.

After we'd checked into the hotel, we were off and running.  Over the next few days, we would make a trip to the Japanese Garden, The Pittock Mansion, then Skinnidip, and Fratelli's. My dad and my niece went for a bike ride on rentals courtesy of Waterfront Bike Rentals while my mom and I kicked it at the hotel and had a chat.  In Seattle, we ate at Glo's  rode the ferry to Bainbridge Island. We also had Gelato at this cute place I have to find the receipt from and post about it later cause I don't remember the name of it. I got a parking ticket outside a place that doesn't deserve mention because the wait for our food was so long that I'd almost forgotten I was starving. Though the trip definitely had a couple low points, I was happy to be with my family. It was a great time, and I'm glad we did this together.  Check it out! :-)


The Road To Portland (somewhere along the I-5 North)

Along I-5


Statue at the Japanese Garden

Japanese Garden


This just looked cool to me (I-5 North)

Drove past this, too...


Along 1-5

Along I-5
Pulled off I-5 and found this! Eeek! :-)
Fish Grotto Portland, OR
Halibut and steamed veggies at Fish Grotto Portland, OR
Along I-5
Pittock Mansion
Pittock Mansion - The Grounds
Pittock Mansion
Pittock Mansion - Globos Colorado Blue Spruce
Japanese Garden - Koi Pond with reflection of sky and trees. Looks like the fish are  in the trees! :-)
Pittock Mansion - View of the city from the grounds
Pittock Mansion - Antique stove in the kitchen
Pittock Mansion - Multi-head shower in the bathroom (even on the floor!)
City State Diner Portland, OR
City State Diner - Create your own scramble, coconut pancake, and coffee.
Pittock Mansion - harp
Pittock Mansion - Foot bath (opulence)
Skinnidip frozen yogurt Portland, OR *drools*

Seattle, WA- View from the ferry to Bainbridge Island

Seattle, WA - View from ferry to Bainbridge Island
Seattle, WA - View from Bainbridge Island


Honorable mention:

Fratelli's Restaurant Portland, OR!!! I don't remember what I ordered.  I inhaled it, though, and the ambiance was LOVELY. Cute place to take a date.  Our server was even able to scare up some DELICIOUS non-alcoholic cocktails he referred to as "mock-tails". Ha! LOVELY place.  I can't say enough about this experience. Make plans to eat here once in your life.  This place alone makes the trip worth the drive (or flight).

Glo's restaurant in Seattle, WA. Breakfast: DONE! Amazing waffles and friendly staff!

My niece Kiara for taking the pics on the ferry to Bainbridge Island! :-)

Comments

  1. That trip was verrryyyy green to say the least. I love living vicariously through your visuals. Feels like I was there, and I didn't even have to sit for hours in the car and listen to some of the passengers suspect music selections. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are so beautiful! I wanted more. I'm glad you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts